View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 17, 2008, 10:44am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraman
You are correct that right now, Arbiter only allows you two options as far as seeing other officials. 1) Only see your partners. 2) Allow officials to see the master schedule with slots which means everyone can see all assignments.

I think your only hope would be to contact Arbiter and ask for an "enhancement" that allows officials to see their partners and any other officials at their site for a particular day. I think that would be a rather complex enhancement so don't hold your breath. (Our groups have been unsuccessful at getting Arbiter support to make even the slightest enhancement requests).

Both of our associations were concerned that opening up Arbiter for all to see would create the "Joe got a better schedule than I did" problem. One of our associations finally opened it up and it has not been a problem.

Even with that Arbiter feature open, JV and V officials do not ride together. Many of our varsity officials go early to observe the JV game. However, asking them to get there even earlier (so the JV officials could pregame etc.) would be too much.
Enhancements like seeing other officials at the same venue are not difficult.

It's just a clause in the IF statement along with the appropriate SQL statement. Testing for an equal venue and date is easy. If the code is written well, I don't see it being more than a weekend of easy-on-the-brain work.