View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 11, 2008, 09:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorman75
OK, I have jokes.....

I normally have to use my partners name instead to "swing". You know to wake them up first.....

How can you use your left hand to point? I am texting with it.....

How much of our dues went to the meeting to decide which hand you point to your partner with on a check swing? (no punch line)

I always point with my right, since my left arm normally had ice on it because the catcher can not catch anything inside.

In truth, I will go for help right away, so I am coming out of the slot asking for help. So I do not use my opposite hand because I might hit the catcher doing that. But now I have something else to work on. Because you know it is going to pop in my head the next time I ask for help.
Nice.

Now, read the manual and my post again. You DO NOT use the opposite hand when asking for help. You use the hand not holding the mask, your right hand, regardless where the batter is.

Mike's response clarified he is talking about when you point at the batter and declare "Swing!". In that case ONLY, the manual tells you to use the hand on the open side, as 1) your mask is still on, not in either hand, and 2) you might as well point with the hand everyone will see, not the one that is behind the batter (from the perspective of part of the defense).