View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 07, 2008, 10:08pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu4scott
Blanket statements like this are just not true. If it was a break away for the offensive player and uncontested do you think the offensive player would have fallen like that on his own???
You are really missing the point of what I am saying. If you are under control, you hardly ever run into another player. He obviously was going to be defended based on the video. So a player that does a spin move and fall had to be fouled if we us your logic. And that was the very same example I gave in this thread about 10 pages ago.

Quote:
Another blanket statement. How can you tell a player is "not that good" by him making one drive to the basket??? Secondly he went up for layup. I hardly think he was trying to "fly over someone".
If you are going to accuse me of making a blanket statement, then why are you calling a foul based on how someone falls? At least I am looking at what I perceive the contact or lack of contact to be. I have never in this discussion used the type of contact as a justification of my point, except to illustrate what the rule clearly says about incidental contact. To this day you have not responded other than, “I think you are wrong.”

You have this entire thread argued how the player fell and used that as the threshold of why there should be a foul. Actually you are not the only one that has done that. If he landed on his feet, would you advocate a foul then too? I know I have called fouls on plays like this and no one fell to the floor. Based on what I am reading from you, they fall, you call a foul.

Quote:
Most of us would agree that there were multiple things that were missed on this play as well as a lack of hustle and anticipation. They might not be our best resource on this play.

That hole your digging is getting deeper JRut.
First of all what I am digging a hole for. I still have many games for this coming year despite what we discuss here. And getting beat happens all the time on plays and just because you "think" there was a foul, the officials still passed on the call. There was another official on the other side that also could have made a call if they felt they needed to. For some reason, he passed too. I guess that is a fact you cannot get around.

Peace