View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 07, 2008, 02:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
The C would be in poor position to make such a call because of his straight-line positioning. If this play were rebounding action, he should have moved topside (up towards the top of the key and out onto the floor a step or two pretending as if he were the Trail). That positioning would give him the proper angle to see contact between the players. Any call from his current positioning is just going to be a guess.

BTW if you believe that the "rebounder" in white should be penalized for a foul on your hypothetical play, then doesn't that mean that you believe that he is responsible for the contact? So why would you penalize his opponent and reward his similar action when he is trying for goal? Just a point to consider.
I understand your point about the contact if the situation were reversed, but I believe the difference is that he was on a direct path for the goal.

As far calling a foul from the "C" position goes I was merely trying to point out the fact that I personally call the offensive rebounder for this foul during games. It would be impossible in most cases to only call the foul if you can't see space between their bodies. Just not possible to get that positioning on a consistent basis.