View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 07, 2008, 02:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
If you are so ahead of schedule, then why are you arguing an insignificant point online? You should be like "Bhuck Elics" and not be around here in the first place. But I digress.

Since you insist on telling me what should or should not be called. I have made foul calls from the C, but there is much more contact than that and the contacting players do not fall to the ground in two separate places. And they really do not fall in two separate places when there is significant contact. And as I said, to me it looks clearly as if there was a flop by the defender which reduced any real contact and the shooter was surprise that he did not just run into the defender, which is why he fell front first (but you seemed to cannot see that on the video).

Peace
My status as on official has nothing to w/ debating this play.

Players landing on top of each other should be a factor on if I have a foul? or the severity of a foul? I've never heard of that reasoning.

I'm also of the belief that if the defender flops and causes any contact at all then I'm going to bang him for a foul on a play like this.

On the video I see contact and that's why he fell on his front side. I also clearly noted the defenders position and how he moved into the path of the shooter. I guess you choose not to see that part so clearly, but other parts you see just fine.