View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 06, 2008, 01:50pm
Official Forum Member

This situation reminds me of a funny issue I encountered at camp several years ago....

I'm lead and Observer1, on one end of the court, is telling me I need to move to spot X. After a trip or two and a foul or two leaving me lead on the other end of the court, Observer2 is telling me I need to move to spot Y. It happens that spot X and spot Y are very different directions from each other relative to where I had been positioning myself. Each trip to the opposite end of the court, I keep getting "corrected" on my position since I couldn't figure out where I should be with conflicting info.

We got to the end of the half or a timeout and the observer I was closest to was starting to talk about the position again. I responded that I would be happy to do as he asked but that the guy on the other end of the court was telling me to move the exact opposition direction and I was having a hard time figuring out how to do both.

He had a good laugh when he realized what was going on and the dilemma I was in with to sets of conflicting instructions.

Aside from a case like that, I agree...not much response is advisable.