View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 06, 2008, 12:19pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeedonk

I didn't "yeabut" him. I said "the reason I did that is because last game I was told to go get it and it helps keep the transition smooth b/c we are a little inexperienced at 3 man". 2nd observer says, "OK, that's fine- if the crew were more experienced T would know that he's reporting and returning to administer and you would know that he knows, so you just make sure the kids don't kill each other while T reports". I told him I would check with our assignor as to how our local board wants it done (both observers were D1 officials) 2d observers says "that's exactly what I'd do too".
I still would not tell the observer what another observer or what you heard at another camp. As someone said, it still sounds like a "yeahbut" type of interaction. All I would do is ask for clarification and reasoning. I would not tell them what someone else told me because it is possible they do not care what the other person said to you. What and observer is telling you what they think is best and what works for them and others. That does not mean everything they tell you will work for you. Listen and say "OK" and move on. Or soon you will get the reputation as knowing everything and those that would help, just leave you be.

Peace