Thread: A little help
View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 06, 2008, 10:01am
Official Forum Member

Smile A little help

This upcoming season will be my 11th season. I have worked over 800 games in the last 10 years at the lower levels up through Junior Varsity. I think in the past 4 or 5 seasons sort of just got the label as a pretty good jv official since I have worked over 200 of those games but maybe not able or willing to step up to the varsity level. I have worked 4 varsity games in my career and have 3 scheduled this season. I guess my question is how long do you continue to try to work your way up the ranks until it probably time to do something else?

I have been working varsity summer leagues the past 4 or 5 years. 3 man officiating is something that takes a while to catch on to. The last few summers I have working with two very good experienced varsity officials. I have learned alot about 3 man officiating but I still struggle with the speed and the athletic ability of the boys varsity level. I think my biggest obstacle is just confidence. I also am up and down a lot. I have games where I am very good and others where there is thoughts on how did this guy get a license! I guess I am just wondering how to overcome this or as I am turning 31 and going into my 11th season is it time to do something else?

Sorry for the long rant. Just looking for a little advice before a new season begins.