Thread: ASA Nationals
View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 05, 2008, 05:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretMan
For all you guys doing Nationals...no one's mentioned the most important thing...

Did everybody's pants match?

Seriously, how did the whole "buy your pants from us" thing work out. Was there a uniform uniformity among the uniforms? Anybody get busted for not having "official pants"?

----- NO-----!!!!!

I scrambled to buy new Fechheimer's myself from ASA properties. They were shipped in plenty of time. Get to the clinic at Nat, and lo and behold, we were informed we wouldn't be "counted against" if we did not have ASA properties Fechheimers. There was supposedly a little more demand than supply.

There were a few pants that were really different in shade. I also referred above to ASA properties Fechheimers and Fechheimers. There is a difference! I had several pair of Fechheimers, but none with "western cut pockets" so I had to get the "official" stuff. All mine were also combos, which are not available through ASA, so I had to buy plate as well as base pants! It seemed the prevailing thought was as long as they are Fechheimers it's ok!

I could have "got away" with what I had, but have no regrets doing as ASA deemed I should do even though I hate those western cut pockets!