View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 05, 2008, 10:32am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
Because over the course of 31 minutes and 30 seconds, there have undoubtedly been dozens of borderline screens. If you haven't called any of those, then you better not call one now. If you've judged all those previous borderline screens to be incidental, then anything that's even close is going to be incidental.

If, on the other hand, you've let all the borderline screens go and then in the last 30 seconds, you get a guy who throws a great football block and the defender ends up on the floor 15 feet away, that's one that you can grab.
Sigh......

Reading is fundamental. I'm not talking about borderline, incidental crap and believe it or not I actually do have a basic understanding of what call consistency is. I'm talking about a situation where an obvious foul or violation has simply not come up in the game yet. Taking Billy's philosophy literally, you couldn't call that obvious foul or violation in the last 30 seconds if it hadn't happened before. That was my point. Iow, I don't think that you can make an all-encompassing statement like Billy made that is viable for ALL situations.

Last edited by Jurassic Referee; Tue Aug 05, 2008 at 10:41am.