View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 05, 2008, 09:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprivitor
Hi All,

Quick question regarding the running lane.

Situation: Runner at 2nd, no outs. BR bunts to 2nd base side of mound. F4 fields the ball and makes a clean throw to F1. BR beats the throw. BR was outside the lane while running. She beat the throw out. Throw was a good straight shot to F1 and F1 was not impeded by the BR being out of the lane.

PU ruled intereference. I requested clarification. He said that no matter if the runner impeded the throw or not, she is out because she in fair territory and not in the running lane. I asked if that meant a line drive to center field meant a BR would be out in that case. He said that only a hit in the general area of the pitcher/infield would he call that. I thought that the interference should be called, for this play, only if in the act of receiving the ball - either by direct contact of the BR with the ball or actual impedence of F1 receiving the ball occurred.

This was in a Regional game that will ultimately determine who goes to the World Series. We won the game, but, in my opinion, I felt it was the wrong call. What do you think?

Thanks
Steve
So why didn't you protest? That's not a judgment call and it sounds like it was an important game.
________
VAPORIZER VOLCANO

Last edited by youngump; Mon Sep 19, 2011 at 06:22pm.