Thread: ASA Nationals
View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 03, 2008, 10:41am
Official Forum Member

ASA Nationals

Anyone else home from their assignment???

We finished last night (Sat.). Our championship went to an "if" game, couldn't have asked for better.

I worked the 10U in Bloomington, In. Everything from the opening ceremonies held at IU's Assembly Hall to the final game was great. The visitors and convention bureau took really good care of us, making sure we were feed and had plenty to drink. On Friday they even grilled steaks and had baked potatoes...uuuummmm, mmmm!

Coaches were great for the most part. A little chirping here and there, but no major problems. The girls all played great and seemed to really have a good time.

Our UIC & Asst. UIC, Dave Maudsley and Jim Haley were great to work for, couldn't ask for better. They pointed out what you could improve on and always had something positive in their critique.

There were a lot of really good umpires assigned here and I learned a lot from them. I was close to having the least experience and this was my first national assignment. I worked really hard all week, as did most umpires who were there, and was rewarded with the plate assignment for the "if" game which ended up deciding the championship.

It's funny, one of the best memories I will take from the week was an evening a bunch of us spent at a local coin laundry. Sitting around telling stories and jokes while we all did our laundry.

If you every get to go to an assignment in Bloomington, In- TAKE IT !!!They will treat you right and have great facilities.