View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 07, 2002, 03:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by devdog69
We are told to discuss and compare our tests before sending them in, so I don't feel like I am cheating by asking for some help on some of these questions from the NFHS Part I exam.

* 5. The referee shall immediately stop play when a few wet spots of blood are observed on a player's uniform. T or F?
Common sense tells me that unless she has an open wound or until the uniform is saturated to not bother with it, but I can't seem to find it in the book.

* 32. Illegal Alignment occurs when, at the moment of serve, the CF's feet are closer to the center line and the back line than either foot of the CB. T or F?
It took me awhile to figure out how this would even be possible, but I guess if the CF is perpendicular to the net and the CB is parallel, it is possible. Seems like an obvious illegal alignment, right?

* 35. The serve is legal when the server bounces the ball off the floor and hits it off the bounce for serve. T or F?
I believe this to be illegal, but can't find it specifically in the rule book.

* 45. It is a foul when a back-row player standing in front of the attack line reaches up and attacks the ball, which has completely crossed the net. T or F?
Is this one of those that you don't immediately call, like until the ball is returned and contacted by the opponents, or am I getting confused again?

Enough for now, more to come. Thanks, again for the help, Devon.
From what I have read during my lunch hour ...............
#5-11.4.2 says that when discovered, play shall be stopped at the earliest possible time. I take that to mean as soon as the play has stopped, not during play. In the case book it sounds like a time out can be called and the player stay in the game with a new jersey.

#32 I wonder if you mistyped this? How can you be closer to the front and back at the same time? For CF to be out of alignment he/she must be clsoer to the back line than the CB I thought?

#35 If I am reading the ruole book right, 8.1.5 says that if the ball is dropped to the floor it is a re serve and therefore not legal. I would think dropping it to the floor and bouncing it to the floor are the same thing. In reading 8.1.1 it sounds illegal. My question is, is this illegal and side out? After reading case book 8.1.5.A it sounds like you cannot attempt to serve it if you drop it.