View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 30, 2008, 09:22am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
I agree with this part of your statement. As part of a crew, I need to be aware of what my partners are calling, so that I try to call plays with the same philosophy as them. If my partners are calling hand checks on the dribbler, I better be calling them as well, and not passing on them just to "let them play". If my partners have decided these are big boys and they can play through some contact, I better not be the one calling every bump.

There can be an overall crew philosophy that develops, and I had better be a part of that. If I feel we aren't on the same page, we better get together at a TO and discuss it. Sometimes my partners have had to tell me to get my head out of my a$$ and get with it. Sometimes I've had to reel in a partner. But don't ever get caught in the trap where you think, "I don't know what the hell they're calling; I'm just gonna call my game no matter what". Then the crew will definitely be inconsistent.

Your post deals with working to develop a consistent officiating philosophy as a crew. I agree with this and think anyone would. The above post dealt with make up calls.

Lonesome Dove