View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 29, 2008, 07:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to UmpJM
As promised, PHOTOS!

So, just so you can form an objective opinion about th pink umpire shirts, here are a few pictures for you to peruse..

First up, me holding a "pre-plate conference" consultation with my crew for a "pink shirt" game.

Next up, getting ready to call the pitch (by the way, the batting team was a team composed of players from all over the province of Ontario in Canada).

The other team was from the Chicago White Sox academy, and this photo shows me briefly chatting with Ozzie during a "between innings" change.

Some of my colleagues didn't think a mere pink shirt was enough, so they took it a step further. For example, my partner for the game immediately preceding the pink shirt game can be seen here engaged in his routine pre-game meditation.

Finally, the "tent" we had set up on the main walkway into the complex where our wives and daughters were selling T-Shirts, bracelets, pink glow sticks, etc. to raise additional donations.

If you'd like to kick in a buck, 5 bucks, 10 bucks, a game fee, $5,000, whatever, just go the link below:

FVB - Susan G. Komen Fundraiser

The response we've gotten from the fans, coaches, players, and tournament directors has been OVERWHELMINGLY favorable.

Thanks for your support!

JM

Last edited by UmpJM; Tue Jul 29, 2008 at 10:45pm.