Thread: A-11 Offense ??
View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 29, 2008, 10:53am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwcfoa43
I agree with both!

1. That quality flags should be the deciding factor and not quantity.

2. That officials in the group at the top of the game will be judged as better if they have fewer flags. This may not be accurate but does present a objective measure which is too good to pass up for many people.
Yup.

Did a wild card playoff game the other day. I was deep, and during one punt (ball in flight), the CB was holding a WR a bit down the field. My decision was to say "stay legal - don't hold". The CB let go of the WR. He still was able to provide adequate blocking during the play, but I like to think that I may have prevented a foul. (I stole the "stay legal" phrase from officiating basketball.)

I would even say that once per game I tell one player to tell his teammate (with number provided) to ________ (insert suggestion to prevent a foul). Eg: "tell number 85 to watch his timing when hitting the LOS".

I prefer doing this than to throwing a hanky. The obvious ones, though, you gotta throw. Facemasks, an obvious offside, etc....

We teach our side guys to yell if B is in the NZ, and hopefully they move back before the snap. You can't argue when with an official if he's yelling at you to move back and you don't move at all.