View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 07, 2002, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

You do basketball, of course the rules are vauge and choppy

As far as this rule goes, you must toss it or hold it. Yes, the rule is a little grey, but a "basic" rule or theory of voleyball is the ball can nver touch the floor, so I would say it is illegal, side out (Now what signal do you use??).

I try to remember stuff from sport to sport the same way, so it is easier. Since we have the "three" points to over and back on bball, I came up with the four points of back row (the 4 is for fed only), but trust me I am not an original, you probably will hear others mention it.

1) (and this is very important) You must be a back row player.

2) You must be touching, or have last touched the floor on or infront of the attack line.

3) The ball must be completly above the hieght of the net. If only half the ball is above the net, it is legal.

4) The ball must pass completly across the plane of the net. If it is blocked or hit by the other team before this occurs, no call. This is a very good point to remember, the Fed is the only rule set to use this. In NCAA and USAVB a block is back row attack as well, so you may catch grief at some point on this by a coach who is not up to par on fed rules.