Thread: Out of line?
View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 28, 2008, 08:14pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
99% of the time I know whether or not its for injury or not already, so there is no reason to worry about it. And, at any decent level of baseball, if there is any question to begin with it it is for injury and its not obvious (i.e. a pitcher with a hurt arm perhaps), the coach will KNOW that he should let you KNOW so he doesn't get charged.

If it is kiddie-ball, perhaps simply asking back after coach asks for time, "What for?" genuinely will give you an answer. But you should very rarely need one. What made you think that R2 was hurt? If he went to first and continued, he was alright. Was he showing signs of being hurt? Sounds like a no.

And, if you thought he was going for injury, you should go with him to make sure that is indeed what it is about (don't be a Nazi umpire here, let the coach tell the kid things that he could yell across the diamond anyway like outs or encouragement while he is checking him).

As for your OP: I would not have said anything to the coach at all. Grant the time, let him go, charge him (if you're playing under a rule set that limits Offensive confrences).