View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 07, 2002, 08:50am
Official Forum Member

I won't give you the answers, but I send you in the right direction....

Quote:
Originally posted by devdog69
We are told to discuss and compare our tests before sending them in, so I don't feel like I am cheating by asking for some help on some of these questions from the NFHS Part I exam.

* 5. The referee shall immediately stop play when a few wet spots of blood are observed on a player's uniform. T or F?
Common sense tells me that unless she has an open wound or until the uniform is saturated to not bother with it, but I can't seem to find it in the book.

Try rule 11, this should help.

* 32. Illegal Alignment occurs when, at the moment of serve, the CF's feet are closer to the center line and the back line than either foot of the CB. T or F?
It took me awhile to figure out how this would even be possible, but I guess if the CF is perpendicular to the net and the CB is parallel, it is possible. Seems like an obvious illegal alignment, right?

What can cause a front and back player to overlap? Does it exist? For these, somethimes it helps to draw a quick pic.

* 35. The serve is legal when the server bounces the ball off the floor and hits it off the bounce for serve. T or F?
I believe this to be illegal, but can't find it specifically in the rule book.

Rule 8 is pretty specific. It lists the two ways you can serve.

* 45. It is a foul when a back-row player standing in front of the attack line reaches up and attacks the ball, which has completely crossed the net. T or F?
Is this one of those that you don't immediately call, like until the ball is returned and contacted by the opponents, or am I getting confused again?

Is this worded correctly? They don't really give you enough to go on, but in the meantime, think about the "4 point" you need to have a back row violation. Do they all exist?

Enough for now, more to come. Thanks, again for the help, Devon.