View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 21, 2008, 06:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
Two big brain farts this weekend....ASA girls tournament, I'm PU in both cases.

1. R1 on third, R2 on first, outs not important. B3 gets a base hit to left field, R1 scores, R2 advances to second. F7's throw to third skips under F5's glove, R2 takes off for third. F2 sees that the ball has gone past F5 and moves to retrieve it and runs directly into R1, who has scored. My brain, recalling the long blocked ball thread from last week, and determining that F2 would not have had any chance the get R2 at third, killed the play and sent R2 back to second base. Not one person (even my partner) questioned the call. Looking back, I should have called interference on the former R1 and called R2 out.

2. R1 on second, R2 on first, no outs. B3 hits a ground ball down the third base line that hops just inside the line about halfway between home and third and is curving toward foul territory. I watch the ball and yell FOU....just as the ball clips the corner of third base! My partner said I then yelled NO and pointed fair. I remember thinking "Oh SH*T!" and pointing fair, but not yelling "NO". Both runners advanced one base, the BR got to first and the defense retrieved the ball. I did not see anyone react to my call. My partner started smirking at me, so I called her over and asked if she had seen anyone hesitate as a result of the call... she said no and none of the coaches or players were saying anything, so I decided to let the play stand. I was prepared to eat the call and take the grief if necessary.

OK...let me have it.....
Over a couple of adult beverages, these will become pretty amusing. No need to "let you have it" since you've already done that.