Thread: staying cool
View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 05, 2002, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to jumpmaster Send a message via MSN to jumpmaster Send a message via Yahoo to jumpmaster
Recently there have been posts concerning how much lighter and cool (less heat retention) some of the new equipment is. I found a couple of things that work for me and wanted to share.

I invested in UnderArmour. The short sleeve version runs for about $24. It is form fitting and wicks the sweat away from you. I have started wearing it for every plate game. I have seen a number of versions (Nike, Coolmax, Intera)that appear to do the same thing. UnderArmour was in stock when I got mine.

I have an item called a Camelback that I use to carry fluids. I picked up on this when I was a grunt in the Army and started carrying it to ball games with me. It carries around 100 oz of fluid and because it is insulated, they fluids stay cool all day. I paid around $80 for mine, BUT, they come much cheaper and in all different sizes. I have seen smaller versions at Wal-Mart for around $20. I have a D-ring, like is used for rapelling, that I snap onto the fence and it keeps it off the ground. I have had mine for almost 5 years now and it has been through some rough stuff, including over 40 parachute jumps, without breaking.

Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here - CPT John Parker, April 19, 1775, Lexington, Mass