Thread: Recovery Time
View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 18, 2008, 11:27am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Rcichon
Fwiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
Earlier this week while working the plate, I was plunked in the head while on the line counting pitches between innings. I never saw the damned ball coming from left field before it hit me. One minute I was standing there waiting for the battery to take it down, and the next I was seeing stars. I took a few minutes to try and shake it off, but when I got back to calling pitches I struggled terribly. This was early in the game, and I probably should have switched with my partner for the remainder of the game, but my ego got the best of me and I battled through it. I knew I was stinking up the place, but nothing I did seemed to help me recover from the blow. Is there a method that you've used to help you recover from something like this?

Tim.
You should have been looked at immediately bro. TBI never benign. A few small incidents can be as lethal as one massive one.

My stepdad was known as Whitey Kozy in and around New Britain, CT - Golden Gloves (60's). While he was never KO'd, he now suffers irrepairable memory loss from chronic TBI due to the punches he received during his short boxing career. The doctor compared them to "small strokes".

Get it checked out.