View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 17, 2008, 09:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to bobbybanaduck
i'm goin with no if he wasn't on the original line up card, but can argue it either way. my argument for no is that the exact line up card from that game has to be used in the completion of the contest, and only players that are on that lineup are eligible. the exception, as stated in OBR 4.12c, is for a player that was not with the club on the date the game was played. the wording of the rule (shocking, i know) is a bit amibiguous, because it allows for multiple interpretations of what "with the club" means, and is where the argument for yes could arise.

from the professional standpoint, "with the club" means on the roster, and does not mean on vacation or sick or whatever. if a guy is on the roster and does not come to the game for whatever reason, pro managers still list him on the card in case this type of scenario happens. the reference in 4.12c to a player not with the club means that a guy has been traded to or acquired by the team at a point in time after that game was suspended, and it is allowing said player to participate in the completion of the suspended game.

i looked through the Legion rules http://www.baseball.legion.org/forms/alb_rules2008.pdf
and did not find anything that specifically covers this as a rules difference, so you gotta use the OBR to govern, which would lead me to my answer of no because of the above stated professional meaning of "with the club."