View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 15, 2008, 02:34pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN

This league has a history of sweeping incidents under the rug. Dave and I were the assignors the past three seasons and we would not let that happen -- we pushed for suspensions and messages to be sent where needed. After last year we decided we would not reapply for the job for this season (we got paid poorly and had to put way too much time in it, especially with the lack of cooperation we got from the league), but would umpire once in a while for them if our schedules allowed. This was the fourth game I had umpired all season for them (in over two months of weekly games).

Rich the aforementioned has me puzzled (what else is knew) somewhat

You had problems with this league in the past pushed for suspensions and messages to be sent where needed BUT

still decided to umpire for them even on a limited basis.

My question? why even umpire there in the first place even if your schedule permitted it knowing that you had problems with this league in the past?

By no means am I condoning the behavior of this team and you could have been seriously injured (Thank God you are not) and hopefully something will happen. (keep us posted if you can) but why subject yourself to a league that you had problems with in the first place even though on a limited basis?

Pete Booth