View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 14, 2008, 10:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dholloway1962
I found a rule for a live ball saying it is an out.

I find nothing in the book that says you have an out during this dead ball situation.

I do believe that you can't have an out during a dead ball situation with some exceptions (tag up, missed base on appeal). I don't see being assisted by a non-runner in that list of exceptions or dead ball appeals. Therefore you don't have an out.

If you don't have an out you have nothing.

End of Story

Not saying that this is morally correct outcome (allowing her to score) but I believe that would have to be the ruling.
Well, there are a number of rulings with which I disagree in principal, but they're there. Let's say I eject R1 for USC as she's coming home (for example, she yells "go f*** yourselves! We win!" to the other team). I have a problem with letting her score - I feel she should be out and ejected. Unfortunately, I'd have nothing backing me up to make this call other than principles (provided they have a sub available). But hey, dem's da breaks.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.