View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 10, 2008, 10:20pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
to take a shot at an official instead of just remembering the actions of the player?

Where do Chalmers' NCAA tourney theatrics rank?

By Pat Forde
ESPN.com
(Archive)

National championships are won and lost at the free-throw line, too. Here are the biggest free throws in NCAA tournament history:

1. Michigan guard Rumeal Robinson, a 64-percent foul shooter, hit a pair with three seconds left in overtime against Seton Hall in the 1989 national championship game. The free throws gave the Wolverines the go-ahead points for an 80-79. Robinson's appearance at the line came courtesy of a borderline call from otherwise excellent official John Clougherty.
Indeed!
Why was it necessary to dig up a 20-year-old bit of trivia to take a shot at a reporter ? Who da heck gives a lick ? You may be as guilty as the reporter.

But, obviously it's time [due to numerous postings and e-mails] to reopen this thread to find out.

Snaqwells made (what I thought was) a very appropriate response when he wrote, "Wow! Talk about gratuitous." I totally agreed.
I thought your attack on a 20-yr. report was most "gratuitous". Your post was uncalled for, unwarranted and unnecessary. It was a technical foul on a reporter that may have gotten smarter in the past 20 years, just as your game has improved in the last 20 years.
...However...
... If this guy wrote the report recently, then I understand that it was the reporter that Snaqs described as being "gratuitous" and that you were just doing your job to cover a partner's back. By your posting, I see no such claim or link to verify when this idiot reporter wrote words.

So, ... here it is. It's back. Have fun with it.