View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 29, 2008, 05:58pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
Rat trying to find the cheese (with some whine)

Sr Babe DH.

I'm PUm Base hit, R2 trying to score. Throw comes high, catcher moves up the line to jump for it, it clears his head, the runner had to take one or two steps around the scrambling catcher in order to avoid the catcher and get to the plate. I determined no OBS based on the fact that a play was imminent and the catcher was simply trying to get the ball. Also (off the record), it really didn't matter because the ball ended up at the backstop and the runner could have stopped at that point to have a smoke before touching the plate.

Here comes 3rd base coach (who was the manager). I didn't even know what he wanted, didn't even realize he was coming to talk to me.

Coach (yelling): Blue, you have to call that!
Me: Just talk to me coach, I'll listen.
Coach (now talking): You have to call that!
Me: Call what?
Coach: Interference!
Me: Obstuction?
Coach: Yeah, my runner could have gotten hurt!
Me: Coach, by rule, that was not obstruction.
Coach: Yes, it was!
Me (realizing that there will be no reasoning with this guy: Coach, you're run scored. What are we arguing about here?
Coach (disgruntled): You have to protect my guy... (turns to go back to 3rd).

2nd game. R1. Tailor made double play ball. R1 goes into 2nd base, never slides, and puts his hands in the air. I, BU, come up with INT (because I had a very weak partner who would have never gotten it).

Here comes the mutant:

Coach: WHAT!
Me: Coach, just talk. (notice the absence of "I'm listening" because I wasn't going to listen anymore with this cretin.
Coach: How can you call that! (not yelling, but not conversational either)
Me: Coach, by rule, by not sliding and running right at the base with his hands up, your runner interfered. Batter is out.
Coach: That's wrong.
Me (interrupting): It's a rule. That is enough.
(I now turn away and start walking back to A).
Coach (as I'm walking back to A): That's twice you screwed us (and he too was walking back to the 3rd base box.

I almost turned and dumped him. If he had said boo the rest of the game I would have taken care of him for certain. And also, my partner said that the throw did get to 1st and got the guy by two steps anyways...

What a freaking idiot. Exactly how did I "screw" this guy the first time. And the second time, even if I did "screw" him (which I didn't), it didn't even matter. Neither time mattered. Arguments over nothing.

Confused soul that man, trying to make his way through the maze...