View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 26, 2008, 10:54pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TussAgee11
An askew congruency... (is this possible?)

Very good posting here - I come to you from the baseball board.

Perhaps this is "Carlin-esque" of me to point out, but it seems odd that the allegations that Carlin (not necessarily posted here but perhaps implied) used his position in society to promote his ideals as a bad thing comes from those who take part in a system that has done the same exact thing since the advent of Westernized religion (and perhaps farther back in non-recorded history). All one has to do is look back at the Catholic Church and indulgences to see just a tip of this iceberg.

OK, a generalization, but maybe some truth in it. Not a law by any means, but a trend, I think so. It is really just a power struggle with two parties playing the same game. Nobody, and everybody, is right.

At least this is my viewpoint, and others are entitled to theirs. We all look at this through our own set of eyes, our views sculpted by our nurture and nature. What the human mind is capable of is a beautiful thing when you stop and think about it...

Sorry for interrupting, just thought I'd throw a 21 year old History Major point of view in (fair for you to know where I'm coming from with these comments).

Always enjoyable,

Tuss