View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 26, 2008, 10:28am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwest
JR's question may be broader, but Peter's response was more specific.
Peter specifically addressed the play where the player had NOT obtained LGP before A1 became airborne. Let me make it clear. I do not agree with Mark's call on this play. I have a block. But there is a difference between obtaining and maintaining LGP. There are moves that are allowed when maintaining LGP that are not allowed when obtaining LGP. That is why it is so important that Peter is asked the correct question.

And yes, Peter did qualify his response in relation to LGP. It's black and white. It's right there in his response.....

"I have received a couple of notes....stating that a defender can obtain a legal guarding position AFTER an opponent has become airborne. OBVIOUSLY THE RULES DO NOT PERMIT THAT!"

Peter is saying that the rules do not permit a defender to obtain LGP (not maintain, there is a difference) AFTER an opponent has become airborne. Mark is saying that a defender can move to MAINTAIN LGP AFTER a defender has become airborne. Do you see the difference?
Yes I do. IMO the email exhange between JR, Peter & Mark is pretty clear but I'll agree that maybe what we have here might be less than crystal clear.

In any event I do not accept that there is any case when a player can legally move under an airborne player, period.

This is pretty basic IMO & goes beyond LGP. Do you not agree with this?