View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 26, 2008, 06:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSidbury
Yet another post that has disintigrated far from the sincere intent of the poster.

I feel for ya, CaRef5.

I do not understand how some of these seasoned forum-dwellers… and by proxy seasoned referees… could utilize such habitual sarcastic and cynical tones.

Why the same 'ol peanut gallery rhetoric?
There, I said it: "peanut gallery".
And that term is not meant to offend anyone directly, just to call it what it is...

Sheesh...

My take - I get what he was trying to do - intro himself, maybe get a feel for who is all on here. The reality - there are many on here that wont say. If you are working D1 or NBA - chances are you aren't posting here. The stakes are higher than ever and getting hired includes most likely your googleability.

An additional point is why not ask for weight and what high school we graduated from? This isnt a social board, its a rules and mechanics board. We talk basketball....1 annual baseball thread....and sometimes squirrels.

I agree with the former poster that said it doesn't matter how old you are and it's kind of taboo to bring it up. Im sure officials lead men's demographics in men's hair dye purchases if you know what I mean.

So age wont be discussed

Level - A - doesn't matter / can get someone in trouble and B - wont be discussed because in general, most of the good ones dont go throwing around what they are working. It comes off arrogant. Dont get me wrong, I was talking with a big hitter here in Cincy today and he LOVES to talk about his schedule so there are some out there that will.

Thus we have a thread that has disintegrated into pwnage and FIRST.

Having said all that.....

SECOND!!

Last edited by Larks; Thu Jun 26, 2008 at 06:40am.