Thread: Mets v Mariners
View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 25, 2008, 12:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by msavakinas
you don't know that... don't assume

as far as you know he said "Brian, I had that ball was down and in" or "Brian is that as far in as it goes?" or something of that sort and Runge became a smart @ss. That's a possibility.

You can see in the video that Beltran wasn't making a big deal about but was staying in the box and talking with his head down. He showed Runge respect in this manner.

He wasn't turned around screaming at Runge or anything of that sort... but we don't know what he said. Let's not assume anything.

Runge has a thing for finding sh!t or vice versa depending on how you wanna look at it... Last week he should've called the balk when Brendan Harris stepped out and ruled it a no pitch, but instead he decided to ring him up and then Gardenhire got ran. Now this. I'm just sayin...
Well, having both umpired his games as a HS player, and umpired with him on several occasions, I have never known Brian Runge to be a hothead that ejects for no good reason. To the contrary, I find him a bit too tolerant. That is what leads me to believe that Beltran may have said something inappropriate.

Yeah, let's not assume anything? Where did I assume anything? I said "probably." What does that assume? He probably did say something. Odds are that he did (that's what "probably" means). Players all the time cuss umpires under their breath to make the umpire look like the bad guy when they get ejected. You are making a big assumption thinking Beltran was pure as the driven snow and was merely suggesting that Brian was in error. Bull Excrement.

The umpires aren't out there to take a bunch of crap off these overpaid, underworked prima donna athletes. I'm just sayin'...
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25