View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 23, 2008, 11:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
While I don't wish for the death of anyone, I found George's anti-Christian diatribe to be full of crap. I would catch him on the toob ever so often, and it seemed like 50% of his "comedy" turned into him telling me how to live and showing how he wishes he was a sociologist. His routine became boring very quickly.

I wish for God to be merciful upon Carlin.

I much prefer the younger talent that's out there now. And that's from someone who use to be a Carlin fan.
That is for God to decide, not you and not me. And Religion has caused more wars and killed more people in the world than just about any belief in anything in the world. Just look at this current war in Iraq and all the angles that have been taken as to what should or should not be done in that region. And the heart of all of it is Religious expression or beliefs.

I believe Carlin like many social commentators was just pointing that out to many of us even if I may have personally disagreed with him on his shared beliefs. That does not mean that he was not correct on most levels.

Peace