Thread: Usssa
View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 23, 2008, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestMichBlue
Personally, I think that you are wrong. USSSA rules are almost a mirror copy of NFHS, and thus are very close to ASA. For the most part, all you have to remember is to take out the DP/FLEX and learn the rules for EP's and DH/DP. Learn one minor interference rule that almost never comes up, and you are ready to call the game.

USSSA is also expanding in West Michigan. We've gone from a couple tournaments to a dozen. ASA is almost non-existant, though several non-sanctioned tournaments use ASA rules. NSA has been the dominant sanctioning group in this area. (Speaking, of course - girl's FP)

WMB

BTW - their shirts are a lot cheaper. $19.95 for powder blue. And I think the red over grey is sharp.
I think the perception comes from the SP pitching rules, which looks more like a ballet than anything else. I can almost always spot a U-trip pitcher within their first 5 pitches.

USSSA SP rules used to parallel ASA rules a whole lot closer when I used to call it back in WI in 1995 and 1996. It had slightly different wording, but the effects of the rules were largely the same. Years later, USSSA branched out from SP into different levels of play and different sports as well.

And having worn the red shirt with the black shorts/pants for an all-weekend tournament in the summer heat, I can attest to the fact that red over black is a BAD choice. Do y'all still wear that?!

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.