View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 16, 2008, 08:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaump6
The Official Rules of Baseball make it very unclear what is to be done when the pitcher delivers after the batter has stepped out. The rule that calls for a "redo" seems to only cover the situation of the batter stepping out of the box after the pitcher has come set or started his motion. It doesn't cover what to call if the batter has stepped out before the pitcher begins to pitch. Basically you have to assume that the pitcher is responsible for waiting until the batter gets into the box, and if the batter steps out in between pitches the pitcher must wait. Pitch the ball and I call it a quick pitch.
Are you reading all the posts before posting a reply? If the Batter steps out and the pitcher stops his delivery because of it then it is 'nothing'. I will remind the batter to stay in the box and the pitcher to pitch (sometimes).
If the batter is dumb enough to step out with out me calling time (as someone else said) he removes my reference points (up and down) for a strike. And it SURE looked good to me!
Bottom line, if F1 delivers the ball, TIME has not been called (By ME) I am moving to the next strike number on my indiclicker!

Hmmmm......