View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 15, 2008, 06:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7in60
I had this happen twice in the past couple weeks. It's always been my Achilles' heel. Two weeks ago it was men's 45 and over SP. The ball was not caught but the defense got the force out at third. It's an easy going league so I explained that there should be an out with runners at first and second and we just left the runners where they were at first and second.

Last week, women's FP. The infield fly is not caught, but the defense makes a force out at third (they did not tag the runner). The defensive coach wants two outs because the lead runner went to the dugout instead of returning to second. I told him she went to the dugout because I called her out (interference) and returned the runners to their bases. Had they doubled her off at second on the play, I would have given them the second out. So we moved the runners back and had an out.

In the women's FP you did what?????? How did you get INT? The lead runner can advance with liability to be put out....if they didn't tag her leave her at 3rd!! BR is out on Infield Fly. How would you have given them a 2nd out???? The force is off because BR is out on infield fly.

Am I missing something here?