View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 25, 2002, 09:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

Smile I hope I would do this.

Quote:
Originally posted by PAULK1
"I agree with Mick. If I'm not asked, I aint saying."

Then why use the 3 man rotation at all?

I thought that third man was out there to have an extra set of eyes and to get better coverage, to get it right.

No wonder schools don't want to use it, to them it cost
more and they get no better coverage.

I have noticed in the last couple of years a trend of
offcials who are extremely offended if there is a precieved
violation of their sacred primary and if it didn't happen in my primary I want nothing to do with it. meanwhile the
obvious goes uncalled, but its not my problem it was out of my area.

I really think you missed the point they were making. I too do not completely agree with them either, but I think it does not have to be about the validaty of 3 Person.

This is what we discussed at the camp.

One Clinician said, "The C should have gave the T the information, then let the T make the final decision. Then if the T agreed with what the C had, go to the coaches and say I have an ininvertant whistle and give the ball back to the team that had possession."

I did not think of that personally when I saw the situation happen, but that is the way it was explained to the 3 officials on the court.

Now if I was the C, I would have told the T the information and would have gone from there. Now if I was the T and made the call, I would have accepted the information and realized that we need to get it right. Or at least that is what I would have hoped I would have done.

Peace