View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 25, 2002, 09:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PAULK1
"I agree with Mick. If I'm not asked, I aint saying."

Then why use the 3 man rotation at all?
Paul, I had a similiar play during an AAU game this past may. Tell me what you think.

A1 is dribbling in the BC, under pressurefrom B1. I'm C. A2, A3, B2, and B3 are in the BC. In such a situation, I position myself at the FT line extended and move up the floor ahead of the ball. I pause around the 28' hash and again at the division line. A1 passes the ball to A2, who moves to the FC and catches the pass. B2 bats the ball, A2 bats the ball, the ball goes into the BC. The T has stopped, infact moving to become the new lead. A2 touches the ball in the BC. I whistle, BC. T runs to me and says that he thought A2 didn't bat the ball until it was in the BC. However, I'm standing at the division line, so I know that he touched last in the FC and first in the BC. He's good with it and we play.

I didn't have a problem with him coming to me. He didn't have a problem with me making the call, even though I was C. In my mind, that's how the play should work. Thoughts?

Incidentally, a ref behind the table argued the BC call with me for two days. Said the ball was loose, so there was no team control. "Check the book, my friend!"