Thread: Bad News, maybe
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 10, 2008, 08:34pm
Official Forum Member

Bad News, maybe

Preparing for this past weekend, I visited a half dozen pharmacies looking for some Spirit of Ammonia. I struck out at all six, but the disturbing part was that the pharmacists at 5 of the 6 stores had no idea what I was talking about or it's use. Mind you, I'm not talking about the clerks, but the pharmacist. Luckily, I had one bottle left that the TSA Airport Nazis didn't get.

My wife spent Saturday morning calling another dozen locations before she found one that knew what it was and why I was looking for some.

Now, the possible bad news. According to this pharmacist, this product now only comes in snap capsules. Supposedly, it is no longer packaged in the liquid format because apparently kids have been using it to get high.

Another great Chicken Little reaction by our so-called society. Someone has a problem or misuses a product, so we just get rid of it and to hell with those who have a legitimate uses for the product.

If you want it, the internet may be the only source in the future if this pharmacist is correct.