View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 05, 2008, 09:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
I will disagree with this one. First things first. The assignor is NOT the one out on the field in front of God and the world trying to be perfect. If you cannot see the play, the odds of perfections are greatly diminished. BTW, when the umpire on the field doesn't get it right, it's the umpire who is replaced, not the assignor. Also, I don't believe the assignor has the authority to circumvent the guidelines of sanctioning body sponsoring the contest. If I had stopped umpiring when I was told by quite a few people that I would go no where in softball with a beard, I probably would have stopped 15 years ago.

I have little use for assignors who abuse their position and ability to negatively affect someone else's life for the purpose of promoting their own agenda or personal beliefs.
So you're saying that you'd risk getting the number of games reduced for years simply because of a disagreement in style?

I'd rather hash it out with my assignor than take that risk. Fortunately, my assignor is a very good guy to work for, and he wouldn't put something like that on us. However, I still have to remember who holds all the cards, and I don't bite the hand that feeds.

Then again, I don't do everything my boss tells me to at work, either...

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.