View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 04, 2008, 08:44am
Official Forum Member

Yeah, I just got accused last night of being the "worst f***ing umpire ever." Home team was making a HUGE comeback in the bottom of the last inning. They were down by 9 at the start, and they were within 2 or 3 runs of getting the score tied. Bases loaded, 1 out. I'm BU, behind F4. Draw a line from 3B to 2B, and extend the line 15 feet. That's where F4 was.

Batter hit a rocket only 4' above the ground to F5, who made a great catch for the out. R1 left with the hit, and dove to get back to 3B. F5 hustled his tail off and tagged 3B with R1's hand about 1 foot away from the bag. The entire play was 3 seconds, tops.

"Oh crap, my partner had no angle on the play. He's looking at me. He looks like a deer in headlights. Oh, crap, he's signaling to me, and I saw the whole thing with the right angle. Hope my insurance covers this. Is my premium up-to-date? There's going to be hell to pay..."

I signal the out, and that's ball game. And the home team goes wild.

"Worst f***ing umpire, ever!"

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.