Thread: Hey Scott
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 03, 2008, 04:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skahtboi
I worked the Dripping Springs/Nederland game as the rabbit. Sat through the entire Aledo/Nederland game. Aledo blew a couple of real scoring chances early in the game (at least compared to as long as it lasted) including having a runner on third with one out and a fly ball to left that the runner had taken off at the crack of the bat, only to have to get back for the tag up. (Was that a run on sentence or what?!) I had seen Aledo earlier in the playoffs, and knew that they were a sound team. (I also saw them last year in the playoffs, both times in the Sherman/Aledo series.) If I heard correctly (you know how rumors float around), Whitney Canion (Aledo's pitcher) now holds the tournament strikeout record for 4A teams with 22.

I also worked the East Bernard/Big Sandy Harmony game as U1, and had the plate on the Shiner/Bosqueville (1A) championship game. I think the longest game I worked was 1:49 the entire tournament.

Were you there?? If so, you should have hunted me down. If would have been great to finally meet you.
No, wife was sick, and had to stay home. Plenty of people from Nederland
sending phots and information via game by phone and computer.

Whitney did set the K record, took it from a gal from LCM [local school here],
who now pitches for LSU.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain.