Old Sun Jun 01, 2008, 10:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskers_ump
Scott,

Did you get to see Nederland?

WOW what a game between them and Aledo.

What games did you work?

I worked the Dripping Springs/Nederland game as the rabbit. Sat through the entire Aledo/Nederland game. Aledo blew a couple of real scoring chances early in the game (at least compared to as long as it lasted) including having a runner on third with one out and a fly ball to left that the runner had taken off at the crack of the bat, only to have to get back for the tag up. (Was that a run on sentence or what?!) I had seen Aledo earlier in the playoffs, and knew that they were a sound team. (I also saw them last year in the playoffs, both times in the Sherman/Aledo series.) If I heard correctly (you know how rumors float around), Whitney Canion (Aledo's pitcher) now holds the tournament strikeout record for 4A teams with 22.

I also worked the East Bernard/Big Sandy Harmony game as U1, and had the plate on the Shiner/Bosqueville (1A) championship game. I think the longest game I worked was 1:49 the entire tournament.

Were you there?? If so, you should have hunted me down. If would have been great to finally meet you.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.