View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 01, 2008, 12:35pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckElias
Since my name has come up in this thread, I guess I'll give my two cents. The possibility of "repercussions" is definitely the reason that I stopped posting. Like Jeff and some others, I want to be able to stand by my words. But the fact that at least one person has lost D1 assignments because of posts on this forum makes me uneasy about even the possibility of being misunderstood or misrepresented, even tho I know that possibility is very remote.

And while officiating is not the biggest thing in my life, if you forced me to choose between my officiating schedule and posting here, it's not really much of a contest.

I talked to several officials about my decision to stop posting here, including Dan, Tony, JR and DJ; as well as BillyMac's interpreter. It just seemed like, in this case, prudence was the better part of valor.
I was not aware that someone lost assignments because of what they said here. That is very interesting. I will say that if I had a choice of a bigger schedule and talking here that choice is also very easy. I have also learned to stay away from certain topics or to stay away from certain people. And that is no different if I am off the site. I just had to implement the same things I do in real life. In my many roles in officiating I know who I can say things to and who I cannot say things to. I respect the personal decisions we all have to make.

Peace