View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 01, 2008, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN
I don't fear any repercussions anyway. This isn't the biggest thing in my life and while I enjoy officiating, I am not about to change who I am or how I post just to make people happy. I'd rather pack it in first.
Since my name has come up in this thread, I guess I'll give my two cents. The possibility of "repercussions" is definitely the reason that I stopped posting. Like Jeff and some others, I want to be able to stand by my words. But the fact that at least one person has lost D1 assignments because of posts on this forum makes me uneasy about even the possibility of being misunderstood or misrepresented, even tho I know that possibility is very remote.

And while officiating is not the biggest thing in my life, if you forced me to choose between my officiating schedule and posting here, it's not really much of a contest.

I talked to several officials about my decision to stop posting here, including Dan, Tony, JR and DJ; as well as BillyMac's interpreter. It just seemed like, in this case, prudence was the better part of valor.

Ok, I'm off to the baseball thread.