View Single Post
Old Sat May 31, 2008, 05:38pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Credibility isn't something I come here for. I came here, originally, on the recommendation of a JV partner in Iowa, simply to dig into rules discussions and enhance my own rules knowledge. My reasons were purely selfish in that regard. Having or not having credibility here doesn't help me in any way whatsoever, it only would help others decide whether or not to believe what I say. And, frankly, from what I've seen, that only goes so far.

The most credible posters here, from my pespective, are a pretty solid mix of those who use their name and those who use a handle. If anyone wants to judge my credibility, this site has a terrific search feature that allows people to go back and read a bunch of my posts and find out just how many times I've made mistakes on here. Knowing my name and location would only aid my credility if I was staking it on specific officiating accomplishments. I'm not. I stake it on what I've posted here and that alone; an admittedly mixed record, but one that shows a willingness to admit mistakes.

Any credibility that matters would be local and face to face, IMO. No one here has any affect on my career, but if I needed to, and if it would help, I could easily tell a local power-that-is what my handle is and he could judge me accordingly.