View Single Post
Old Thu May 29, 2008, 06:51pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust
Assuming my assertion is true leads to the implication that there is nothing in the rule that categorically prohibits touching the ball with both hands on the same dribble. The rules only prohibit touching the ball with both hands simultaneously (ends the dribble). It would be legal for a player to push the ball towards the floor with one hand and then deflect the ball with the other hand as long as both hands were both in contact with the ball at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
COMPLETE RUBBISH!!!
You just wrote above that a rule requires that a player must allow the ball to strike the floor after batting it into the air during a dribble. Touching it again prior to that would constitute an "air dribble" which you just noted was illegal. I cannot figure out how you could logically come to such a conclusion given what you stated immediately prior. Of course, your conclusion is incorrect.
A suggestion for added clarity: 4-15-4 f The dribble ends if the dribbler touches the ball a second time with either hand before the ball touches the floor.

Yes, this is specified in the case play, but I would like to see it mentioned in the rule book as well.

Lonesome Dove