View Single Post
Old Thu May 29, 2008, 05:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Sure I agree with that. But how is "find a reason to rotate" going to get their azzes over to the other side of the court? It's not IMO

What these guys need are 2 or 3 or 4 good reasons to rotate to work into their game.
I think what advice like this is aimed at is giving the advisee a change of mindset. We've all seen the inexperienced 3-person L perched on the precipice of close down, body leaning forward, unsure if he should really rotate. "Find a reason to rotate" changed my thinking about rotation from wanting to be 110% sure before I went, to literally looking for reasons to do it. Once the mindset was in place, it was fairly simple for clinicians to teach me 2 or 3 or 4 specific triggers I should be looking for.

I think it's the same with the 110% call after kicking one. It's attempting to give the camper something positive to focus on after kicking a call, rather than wallowing and getting skittish about not blowing any more calls. Kind of the same difference in mindset as that between "win" and "don't lose".

Just my $0.02