View Single Post
Old Thu May 29, 2008, 12:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRef21
Good point Marco. You know at camp, I would never do that. I wanted to try some other method of communication with these guys. You know being 9th graders they are a bunch of smart asses. However I didn't take that into consideration. That was my mistake. I do feel it was wrong for both us to be pulled off those two games though. Yes my actions were inappropriate, but after working the 1st of 3 games, an assignor should come out in the floor and dressed ready to work with his new partner, and tell us that the admin is still upset about what happened. An assignor would let us finish the games. If we get a call the day before than thats fine. I was upset because the assignor is a friend and did that to my partner and I.
Tommy,
You have every right to be upset that he pulled you off the games. keep in mind that it's not his best interest to pull you. The assignor would rather not deal with the admin and let you ref the remaining two games. And he probably know in his head that the two of you did the right thing. If the admin is adamant that the two of you shouldn't ref the remaining games, then let it be. You don't need this AAU crap to prove that you're competent of officiating and just because you got pulled that doesn't make you a "bad" official. Matter of fact, you show maturity by letting it go so grow with it.

When it comes down to it, it's business for the admin and the assignor.
If he's your friend, step in his shoes and see it from his perspective.
Let's not get into this kind of BS in Vegas!