View Single Post
Old Tue May 27, 2008, 04:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
I can't figure out how you do what you're saying without being demeaning. You can't loudly tell a player to knock it off without being demeaning. And really, you don't need to sell this to the fans or anyone else.

If you've decided to have a few words directly with a player make sure it's between you, the player and your partner either at that moment or shortly after. The coach may or may not be included, they don't always help. No need to get loud or put on a show, just tell him exactly what he's doing wrong and how he needs to change his behavior. Then drop it. If you've decided the player's just a jerk go to the captain ot some other team mate you trust & tell him to get his player in line.
i don't mean you are saying it loud enough directly while looking at the player. I should have explained it better. when you say it loud enough you are looking at one or both of your partners and saying, "guys i've had enough from 24" but really and truly nothing should have to be said after the first T.

I do truly believe there is a way to do this in a non-overbearing or abrasive way, while not being demeaning as well.