View Single Post
Old Tue May 27, 2008, 01:25pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRef21
Later in the second half as we are lining up for Ft's no. 24 tells one his players to " Chin Check" the other guy. I told the kid why are you telling him to chin check him. No. 24 responed, ref you don't even no what a chin check is. I was like you know, I'm older than you and know what it is and don't tell your teammate that. Now you are on the edge.
Me, instead of engaging in conversation, I would have said loudly to my partner "Watch #24 and #???"(whoever #24 was talking to). That would get the players attention without any unnecessary verbiage or exchanges.

Quote:
So with a minute left his team is down by 2. no. 3 black fouls and we are in the bonus. As we are lining up for ft's, no.3 black starts saying things about the call and I was like, " What did you say"? He was like nothing ref, I said thats right you said nothing.
Why would you ask #3 what he said? What purpose does that serve? If you heard what he said then respond appropriately--warning, technical, ignore--whatever the case may be. But if you didn't hear something then don't go looking for a fight.

Quote:
So now other guys are complaining and no. 24 is still talking when it doesn't even relate to him. I was like you know something guys ( to both teams), you guys aren't in the NBA and not that great yet, so stop complaining. No. 24 now pops off again and still won't stop. I was like now you are borderline. Still won't be quiet and keeps ranting and raving, so my partner and I at the same blow the whistles and ding him. I tech him, pitch him, and his team loses by 5.
If you make a smart-a$$ comment to a player you best believe he will have a response and/or will complain to his/her coach. Me, I know exactly what I would have said to #24--"you already have 1 tech". That's it. There would have been no other reason for me to say anything. He would have either shut up or earned a 'T' after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH
T-dawg is just skurred to be throwing techs, he still a little wet behind the ears.I explained all this to him last night and he's still arguing with me. HAHA! Someday he'll learn!

But he's in SoCal and has 3 years of experience, right?

Last edited by Raymond; Tue May 27, 2008 at 01:28pm.